"Colours pursue me like a constant worry...They even worry me in my sleep." (Claude Monet)

15 September, 2011

Daffodils in Afternoon Sunlight - Oil on 8"x6" Linen Panel

This was initially going to be a daffodil painting under overcast lighting conditions.  Then the sun came out and I couldn't resist trying to capture its dramatic effect on the set-up.  Unfortunately, the clouds would not stay away, so it took a few short painting sessions on different afternoons to achieve the effect I was after.

To see a larger image of this painting and purchase, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charmaine

    I found your blog from your link on the Carder Forum. This is a lovely painting, beautiful light and flowers.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking, Shelley. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the daffidowndillies you have painted in that glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennyfer, glad you like it. They were a fun challenge, those flowers. Thanks for looking and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete