"Colours pursue me like a constant worry...They even worry me in my sleep." (Claude Monet)

31 October, 2011

Sydney Visit - Art Galleries

Archibald Fountain, Hyde Park
(a short walk from the Art Gallery of New South Wales)
Sydney Heads, 1865, Eugene von Guerard
Milford Sound, New Zealand, 1877-79, Eugene von Guerard
Life has been rather hectic lately and I haven't been able to paint, but it is never far from my mind.  I had the pleasure of visiting a couple of art galleries in Sydney recently.  The first was the Art Gallery of New South Wales in the Domain.  Some beautiful old masterpieces on display there.  The second was S.H. Ervin Gallery on Observatory Hill with its exhibition of portraits by female Australian artists selected for the Portia Geach Memorial Award.  Was great to see up close Christine O'Hagan's portrait of Rebecca Gibney hanging proudly inside the entrance.  In the meantime, I’ll be painting and posting again here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment