"Colours pursue me like a constant worry...They even worry me in my sleep." (Claude Monet)

29 February, 2012

Veale Park, Adelaide - Oil on 6"x8" Linen Panel

2 Days Later - Some quick touch-ups
before leaving Adelaide
I'm currently travelling and painting around Australia for a couple of months.  This was painted on a hot summer day (nearly 40 degrees celsius) in Veale Park, Adelaide, South Australia.  I was particularly drawn to the light and shadow patterns in the scene and the warm and cool greens.

2 comments:

  1. As an older art collector since my wife passed away, I must admit to being very partial to collecting nudes in
    art, as original paintings or as good prints, that I have displayed all over the house. (I like to see the surprised
    faces of my new visitors).
    This one,
    http://en.wahooart.com/
    A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LHTDD
    , by Emile Munier, is hanging in one corner of my bedroom and was
    printed by wahooart.com, where I am a very good customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Peter. I hesitate to click on links (virus risk), but I had a look at that website and Emile Munier's paintings. Nice to know there are collectors who appreciate the nude. :-) Two of my favourite master artists are John Singer Sargent and William Merritt-Chase. They painted all subject matter, from figures and portraits to interiors and landscapes, beautifully.

    ReplyDelete